domingo, 16 de abril de 2017

Happy Easter

Today I buried my wife! I just got back from the graveyard. You realize then that was not a good day for me, was it?

But the truth is much worse, everything is much worse, because ... I killed her. Without ever doing you any harm: I KILLED YOU.

It seems confusing does not it? I'll try to explain!

I live in São Paulo (capital) and, as usual, when approaching Easter Ana started her requests for chocolates. Every year she wanted a different Easter Egg, picked it by hand and I always, always attended to her requests. How sweet she was ... She ...

This year was no different and a week before the celebrations there she was, gently asking in my ears for her new desire.

She had decided to innovate, had left the common requests and now wanted an Egg stuffed with strawberry. It's a well-known product, you're reading now you should know: Two layers of milk chocolate with creamy strawberry filling between them.

A fever! Everyone wanted the novelty, and with An ... it was no different.

I work a lot, I have always worked ... At the moment I have two jobs and I earn little like almost all Brazilians, at least those who work for real. She did not have time. Yes, I remembered to buy. Every day, I had almost no time, and when I was tired, I was forced to go home.

Then I buy ... Ahh, Later I comp ...

(These were my phrases)

At last it arrived the Thursday before the holiday. After work I left in a hurry to buy the blessed Easter Egg. I loved to please her, and this year would be no different. The city's markets, shops, and shops were packed. There was no more.

"This is over" "Sold like water" "We do not have any more" That's what I used to hear everywhere.

There were still the stalls ... Do you know those stalls in São Paulo where chocolate bars are sold? Every corner has several, and at Easter they also sell Easter Eggs. It was my last chance. I walked a lot without getting any results, until in a tent near the municipal market where a very dirty old woman who seemed to be gypsy or rip, I do not know, sold some eggs that remained and among them there was the very precious request of Ana. Product with agility and paid double the actual price to have it. It was for An ...

The old woman stank of the beggar, and her gaze was strange, hard dry. He looked at me as if he were looking at nothing, something that does not exist, or should not exist. I did not give much time to that, because in fact, education in São Paulo is not on every corner. The important thing was ... I had it. She would be happy ...

I got home, I hid the Easter Egg, as usual, because I would only deliver it on Easter Sunday. I would leave it, as always, beside her, so that it would be the first thing I saw when I awoke. And so I did on Sunday. Immediately afterwards I made myself some coffee and lay down on the couch to watch something on the television.

Some time later I could hear the noise of the laminated paper and ran to the room to see the smile that made me live ... It was the last time I saw him ... I still remember.

As usual Ana separated the chocolates from the Egg to eat later and said to me showing a slightly different candy that was wrapped in a greenish aluminum "This must be special, huh?", Because it was really different being longer and of little diameter. I sincerely found it to be a differential and I was happy together with Ana.

She always started at the tip, she ... always did it. He joined the two halves, after removing the chocolates and biting the two ends together.

And she did ... Then her scream echoed through the room. Blood flowed from his mouth. They were needles, several needles were embedded in his gum, his tongue, and between his teeth. They were broken needles in the middle, and the egg was full of them. Some entered the meat completely, leaving only a small visible tip.

We rushed to the hospital to remove some needles from Ana's mouth that went completely into them. The police were warned, but they did not find the tent where I had bought Ana's gift.

When we got home we tried to throw that atrocity away, a damn joke of maltreatment was what they did. Damn woman, damn moment when I went to buy that chocolate egg.

This is not the end. There had been something left over on the bed Ana had separated and not into the trash. It was the "special bonbon." Curiosity took over us and we resolved to open that curious envelope. We knew it would not be good, but curiosity was irresistible. And what we saw surpassed everything we imagined.

When we opened the green laminate that covered chocolate, we came upon the head of a large black mouse, already moistened by the deposition, between its eyes pierced a needle from side to side piercing the two simultaneously. It was an absurdly disgusting sight. Beside it was a small piece of paper where it was written.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário